The Language Centre of the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, in collaboration with AICLU (Italian Association of University Language Centres), is pleased to announce the 25th AICLU Seminar, "Learning, teaching and assessment of languages: digital perspectives and opportunities", to be held on the 23rd and 24th of September 2021, in mixed mode, i.e. in presence and remotely, at the Language Centre, in Largo Sant'Eufemia, 19 - Modena.
The use of technological tools as an alternative to or in support of more traditional methods is no longer considered a novelty in the context of language learning. However, the recent global situation has transformed an opportunity into a pressing and inevitable necessity that has led all the actors involved in the training and evaluation process to radically change their way of teaching and assessing.
The purpose of this seminar is to gather and represent the voices of these actors with the intent of taking stock of the current state of the art, evaluate the successes, learn from the failures, and from here onwards start to (re)-design the future of university language centres to allow them to develop the activities they have always carried out within their institutions in an increasingly diversified way.
Papers should focus on the following issues:
● the assessment and self-assessment of language skills through digital tools;
● innovative approaches for foreign language distance teaching and learning;
● distance learning and languages for specific purposes;
● teaching and assessment in language courses for university teachers (EMI) and staff;
● specific learning difficulties (SpLDs) and disability: distance learning of languages and assessment strategies;
● syllabus of written and oral skills in distance learning.
However, other proposals relating to seminar themes will also be taken into consideration.
There will be two types of presentations:
● papers given on site or remotely, lasting 15 minutes, followed by 5-minutes discussion;
● virtual posters.
Languages for presentations: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish.
Proposals should be sent to the address email@example.com by 30 June 2021.
For more information, please see the attached document, and visit https://didattica.cla.unimore.it/.